Metro Pro is a magazine theme by StudioPress which is powered by the Genesis framework. It is one of the most spacious WordPress themes built by StudioPress with a 1152 pixel width. Read our StudioPress Metro Pro review and find out if this premium theme is right for you.
About StudioPress Metro Pro
The Metro Pro theme is a child theme of the Genesis framework by StudioPress, so you’ll need both the Genesis framework theme and the Metro Pro child theme in order for it to work.
A child theme inherits all the features from its parent theme. Using a child theme on your site helps you to make tweaks on it without worrying about losing them after updating the parent theme. You can read more about using a child theme and its benefits.
Using Genesis framework as your parent theme has a lot of benefits. It is solidly coded, built to be fast, and flexible. It also ships with WordPress SEO settings and is a lightweight WordPress theme that won’t slow down your site.
Let’s take a look at the features of StudioPress Metro Pro below.
More Homepage Widget Areas
Comparing with other StudioPress magazine themes like Magazine Pro, Metro Pro comes with more number of homepage widget areas.
The content on the homepage can be easily adjusted in the Widgets panel in your WordPress dashboard. You’ll find four widget areas that you can customize to fit your brand. They are:
- Home – Top: This widget area appears right below the header section. It can be used to add a featured article.
- Home – Middle Left and Home-Middle Right: In the middle section of the homepage, you’ll find two widget areas. You can populate its content by adding an appropriate widget to these sections.
- Home – Bottom: This widget appears just above the footer section. It is perfect for displaying your latest blog posts.
The theme also comes with three additional widgets which you can add to your homepage widget areas, sidebars and footers.
- Genesis- Featured Page
- Genesis- Featured Posts
- Genesis- User Profile
Supports 2 Sidebars and 3 Footers
The Metro Pro theme supports 2 sidebars and 3 footers.
You can choose different sidebar layouts for individual posts and pages using the Layout Settings box, which appears below your text editor. You’ll also find fields to add custom body class and custom post class.
In addition, you’ll also find two more widget areas:
- After Entry: You can use this widget area if you want to display a banner, email optin box or any other widget section just below the content area of every post.
- Header Area: It appears next to the site title and logo. It is best suited for displaying custom menu, search form or a text widget.
Easy Customization Options
In Metro Pro, all the theme elements should be customized using the Widgets or Customize panels and it doesn’t offer a separate custom theme panel.
A few options you’ll find in the Customize panel of the Metro Pro theme are:
- Custom background image: Metro Pro allows you to use a customized background image on your site. The default image size is 1600 x 900 pixels.
- Color scheme: Metro Pro allows you to easily change your color schemes.The supported color schemes are default, blue, green, pink and red.
- Background color: In addition to color schemes, the theme also allows you to customize the background color with a color picker tool. You can either pick a color using the tool or enter the hexadecimal code.
Create Custom Layouts With 3 Page Templates
Just like most other StudioPress themes, Metro Pro comes with 3 page templates that allow you to create custom layouts.
- Archive: A sitemap-style listing of all your pages, categories, authors, archive months, and recent posts.
- Blog: A traditional blog index page that lists your most recent posts. It can be customized by navigating to Content Archives in your Customize panel.
- Landing: A basic landing page template without navigation and footers. When this template is chosen, you can use a custom landing page design on your site to boost conversions.
Documentation and Support
With Metro Pro, you get access to detailed, step-by-step documentation on exactly how to set up your site just like the demo site. You’ll also get a comprehensive list of code snippets for the Genesis framework by which you can easily customize your theme per your needs.
Metro Pro is available for a one-time purchase fee which allows you to use the theme on unlimited domains. StudioPress offers support via email and they are well-known for their speed of their support.
You may also consider investing in the StudioPress Pro Plus All-Theme Package. It gives you instant access to all StudioPress themes, including support and updates. The package includes over $1,700 worth of premium WordPress Themes, for a one-time fee of $499.95.
StudioPress Metro Pro is one of the best magazine themes powered by Genesis framework. It is a good choice for news portals, blogs or online publications.
We found the theme to be easy to use with just enough customization options — without the bloat of many other premium themes.
We give StudioPress Metro Pro 4.8 out of 5 stars. Here is the breakdown of our review scores:
If you liked this article, then please consider following us on Twitter and Facebook. If you have any questions, please let us know by leaving a comment below.