Are you looking for a WordPress lead generation plugin to grow your email list and improve your signup rate?
Lead generation plugins give you all the tools you need to grow your email list FAST and skyrocket your marketing results and growth.
In this article, we’ll compare the best WordPress lead generation plugins to help find the one that fits your goals best.
First, let’s take a quick look at why you need lead generation plugins and tools and are they worth it?
Why Use a WordPress Lead Generation Plugin?
When a visitor isn’t ready to convert into a customer, you may need to take a few steps in between before you get them to that stage. By capturing these leads in time, you can convert them into subscribers, members, and potential customers right away.
Most email marketing services let you add signup forms to your WordPress website, but this can be easily missed by visitors. Instead, you need powerful tools that let you grab the attention of the user right in time.
When you use a lead generation plugin, you’ll benefit from:
- Multiple optin types: A good lead generation plugin allows you to create multiple optin types optimized for conversions such as lightbox popups, floating bars, full screen welcome mats, scroll boxes, and more.
- Targeting options: Bombarding your visitors with popups can turn them away. With the right targeting options, you can show popups and forms to the right user at the right time.
- Easy integration: A good WordPress lead management solution seamlessly integrates with all the major email marketing services.
- Subscriber management: These tools let you streamline and segmente leads to stay organized.
Most of these plugins come at a reasonable cost, and some are free. If you pick a good lead generation plugin, it’s definitely worth it because they definitely drive results.
Now let’s take a look at some of the best WordPress lead generation plugins to grow your list exponentially.
Best Lead Generation Tools for WordPress
OptinMonster is the #1 lead generation tool for WordPress. It lets you target your visitors with stunning lead generation campaigns to convert them into subscribers and customers.
When you join OptinMonster, you’ll get access to campaigns like popups, floating bars, welcome mats, slide-ins, and coupon wheels.
There are 50+ premade templates that are designed for high conversions. Added to that, there’s a drag and drop visual builder that lets you easily customize the campaign’s images, font, style, and more to match your marketing goals.
Here’s a preview of some of the campaigns you can create:
The best part about this WordPress banner tool is its built-in targeting options that you can add to your campaigns with just a click. You’ll never need to use any coding.
You can zero in on your audience based on their interests, what page they’re viewing, which source they came from, geographic location, and more. This lets you show them campaigns at the right time and place where they’re most likely to convert.
OptinMonster also makes it easy to automatically segment and send new leads to your email account. You can sync your campaigns to all popular email services.
With OptinMonster, you’ll get endless opportunities to target, retarget, and follow up with your leads. You can even lock premium content and ask visitors to sign up before they can access it. This lets you monetize your content and get more people to convert into subscribers, members, and paying customers.
OptinMonster is #1 because it’s proven to work. They have tons of case studies that you can check out on their website that show how their customers have skyrocketed leads, conversions, and sales using OptinMonster campaigns.
- Create high-converting campaigns with templates and simple button clicks
- Add stunning call to action buttons and links
- Add powerful campaign target rules and triggers
- Use exit-intent technology to recover abandoning visitors
- Retarget visitors based on their previous interactions on your site
- Get built-in analytics to see campaign views, conversion rate, and more
- Connect to Google Analytics for deeper insights
- Built-in spam protection plus a premium lead verification tool
- Track and manage subscribers in one place with options to edit, follow up, and add notes
OptinMonster is so cool that it even lets you add a chat box to your popup so that you can get potential customers to chat with you to raise sales objections instead of leaving your site. Check out this guide: How to Add Chatbots to Your Popup.
Starts at $9/month.
WPForms is the most beginner-friendly form builder for WordPress. It lets you create any form that you need for your site including email opt-in, signup and registration forms.
With tons of form types and 100+ form templates. Plus, with its powerful drag and drop form builder, you can easily create a beautiful form in just a few minutes without touching a single line of code. It comes with a readymade widget to easily to add the form anywhere on your site including pages, posts, footer, and sidebars. The plugin also supports shortcodes so you can embed your form anywhere.
All lead generation forms you create will be 100% responsive. That means they’ll work great on mobile phones, tablets, and desktops. Plus, the forms have built-in spam protection so you won’t have to worry about spam and fraud submissions.
With this form plugin, you can also sync the form with your email marketing service. This will make it easy to add leads to email welcome series and engagement campaigns.
- Integrate with all popular email services like AWeber, Mailchimp, GetResponse, Constant Contact, and Campaign Monitor
- Create lead generation forms right from your WordPress dashboard. No need to log into your email marketing service
- Add a signup checkbox to your contact forms to make it easy for visitors to subscribe
- Reduce form abandonment with form mode and conversational forms
- Capture partial form entries
- Easily add signup forms at the click of a button to blog posts, pages, sidebar, and footer
- Plenty of addons to enhance functionality
There’s a WPForms Lite version that’s free. The premium plugin starts at $39.50/year.
SeedProd is the most powerful and easy-to-use website theme builder on the market. With SeedProd, you can quickly create high-converting signup pages to collect leads. It’s compatible with any WordPress theme.
SeedProd offers over 100+ ready-made landing page templates to create beautiful sales, optin, webinar pages, and more. You’ll also find smart sections and blocks to make your pages unique. Some of the blocks like countdown timers and giveaways are designed to boost conversions.
Plus, you can connect to all popular email marketing services to trigger emails to welcome new subscribers.
Inside this page builder, there’s also a built-in Coming Soon Mode with customized coming soon pages. This lets you add optin forms and countdown timers so you can generate leads before your WordPress site is even live.
- Beautiful templates to get started
- Drag and drop pre-made landing page blocks like web forms, social media icons, and countdown timers
- Use pre-built sections like headers and calls-to-action to create neat layouts
- Track subscribers with or without a 3rd party email service provider
- Social sharing icons
- Collect emails with your favorite email marketing tools like Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and ActiveCampaign
Free version has basic features included. Paid plans start at $39.50 per year.
Check out the lite version to try SeedProd for free.
RafflePress is the best giveaway plugin for WordPress. If you want to grow your email list FAST and in a short span of time, RafflePress is the plugin for you.
It lets you create viral giveaways and contests with 1-click entry options. You can add tasks for participants to complete in order to enter your contest. This can include:
- Refer a Friend
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
RafflePress does all the hard work for you by taking care of end-to-end contest management. Right from contest creation to announcing the winner, RafflePress makes it easy for you to handle it all from its intuitive dashboard.
It’s a quick and easy way to get more email subscribers, customers, and social media followers.
- Drag and drop builder with tons of prebuilt templates
- Responsive mobile friednly contest designs
- Fraud protection
- Social media integrations
- Dedicated giveaway landing page
- Analytics to track and retarget
Starts at $39.50 per year.
PushEngage is hands down the best push notification software in the market. It lets you collect leads and subscribers easily by getting them to allow browser notifications.
Push notifications improve user experience as visitors don’t have to disclose their email address to sign up for updates on new blog posts, new products, sales, price drop alerts, and more. Instead, they simply have to click the ‘allow’ button when they see an optin popup on your site.
Then you can send attention-grabbing notifications to subscribers, delivered to them according to their local timezone. This means they’ll get the message when they’re most likely to be online.
For more details, you can also check our PushEngage Review.
- Triggered, scheduled, and drip notifications
- Cart abandonment reminders
- Custom branding and domain
- Dynamic segmentation to target right subscribers
- A/B testing and analytics
- Offline notifications
Free plan for up to 500 subscribers. Paid plans start at $9 per month.
TrustPulse is the best social proof notification tool. It helps you grab the attention of a visitor at any time during their browsing journey and get them to sign up for your newsletter or register as a member.
When you install TrustPulse on your site, it will automatically track user activity such as signups, sales, and registrations. Then it creates non-intrusive popups and displays this activity to new visitors.
When they see others taking action on your site, they’ll be more confident and comfortable interacting with your brand. They’ll also be more likely to take action too because these notifications create a FOMO effect (fear of missing out).
You can use TrustPulse to instantly boost signups for newsletters, events, webinars, and just about anything you want.
Plus, the app lets you create action messages. This means you can create a customized message that asks them to click on the popup to sign up, register, or even ask questions. You could even display snippets of testimonials to boost trust and confidence.
- Automated workflow
- Responsive fully cusotmizable popups
- Smart targerting and timed display
- Recent activity, analytics, and custom message popups
- Real-time activity tracker
Starts at $5 per month.
Smash Balloon is the best social media feed plugin for WordPress. You can use it to boost your social media followers and subscribers.
The plugin lets you connect your website to your social media platforms. Then it fetches your social media content and displays it in neat customizable feeds on your site.
You can also add social buttons so viewers can subscribe, like, or follow with a click. This way, your website visitors have easy access to view and engage with your social media channels without ever leaving your site.
Once you get them to subscribe, you can engage with them regularly on social media platforms and build a bigger and better impression of your brand.
- Supports Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Simple setup with automated feeds
- Filter feed by hashtags, categories, and more
- Customizable feeds with over a dozen layouts
- Social wall that combines feeds from different platform
Smash Balloon offers individual plugins for each social media platform. They start at $49 per year. You can opt for the all-access bundle at $299.
All in One SEO is the #1 SEO plugin for WordPress. It lets you optimize your site so that it shows up in organic search results on search engines like Google and Bing.
Now you may be wondering what an SEO plugin is doing on this list. With All in One SEO, search engines understand exactly what your site’s about. You can optimize every page so that search engines send relevant traffic to your site. These visitors have a greater chance of converting into leads.
All in One SEO lets you add all recommended SEO measures to your site and handles the technical bits for you.
Plus, it’s packed with advanced features like on-page optimization, site audits, headline analyzer, and more. It even supports WooCommerce so you can make sure your products are optimized to attract the right shoppers.
- Control how website content looks on social media and RSS feeds
- On-page analysis
- Site maps, rich snippets, robots.txt editor
- SEO audit with checklist
- SEO custom user roles
- Supports local and WooCommerce SEO
Starts at $49.50 per year.
Constant Contact is our recommended email service provider. It lets you create signup forms and popups for your site to collect leads and subscribers. Every new lead can be segmented and added to automated drip series.
You’ll also get access to basic targeting rules to control when your lead capture form is displayed to users.
Constant Contact has a pricing plan for every business size, so whether you’re a freelancer, small business, or large form, you’ll find an affordable plan.
It also integrates with all popular marketing tools like OptinMonster, WPForms, and SeedProd. So you can combine this platform with other tools to power up your lead generation and email marketing campaigns.
- Powerful list building tools
- Automatic display triggers
- Real-time results tracker
- Contact list management
- Actionable feedback form
Starts at $20 per month. Get a free 60-day trial with our Constant Contact coupon.
MemberPress is a popular membership plugin for WordPress. It lets you set up membership programs on your site so you can easily convert casual visitors into long-term members.
You can offer free, single membership, and multi-level membership plans. You can then create restricted member-only areas on your site. This will encourage more users to sign up or subscribe to a plan.
MemberPress not only helps you get more leads but also gives you opportunities to monetize your site and blog content. You can sell online courses, podcasts, and digital downloads as well.
The platform integrates with all popular email services and payment gateways. This lets you automate your email marketing and membership subscriptions and renewals.
- Easy to set up and use
- Control how you grant and revoke access
- Manage and track membership subscriptions
- Powerful integrations
$179 per year.
LiveChat is the right solution for you if you want to ask your potential leads and customers about what keeps them from converting. That way, you can ease their concerns and convert them into customers easier.
In most cases, issues are resolved on the spot. However, LiveChat also allows you to integrate with your favorite email marketing tools. With this, you can add potential leads to your subscribers’ list and follow up with them if they need further assistance.
- Chat tools like sneak peek, tags, file sharing, archives, and notifications
- Get chat ratings and reviews
- Easily add chat button to site
- Chat tickets, transfer, and routing rules
- Reports and analytics
- Secure connections with encryption and credit card masking
- 200+ integrations with marketing tools and services
Starts at $16 per month.
Convert Pro is a lead generation plugin for WordPress that helps you increase conversions and grow your subscriber list.
The plugin comes lets you create popups and other lead generation forms with ease using the drag and drop editor. Then you can add targeting rules to display the form at the right time where visitors will be more likely to convert. However, the downside here is that there are limited targeting rules.
Aside from that, every form is mobile-friendly and optimized for speed.
- Responsive designs
- Library of templates
- Behavioral triggers
- Advanced email integrations
Starts at $89 per year. There’s a lifetime bundle that starts at $389.
Bonus Lead Generation Options
A few more lead generation plugins that are worth mentioning include:
HubSpot: Free marketing and lead generation software with email optin popups and forms.
Elementor: Popup builder from the Elementor team to target customers and boost conversions.
Bloom: An email opt-in and lead generation plugin for sites using Elegant Themes.
ThriveLeads: Use opt-in forms with A/B testing and advanced targeting to grow your email list.
And that’s our list of the top lead generation plugins for your WordPress site.
Which is the Best Lead Generation Plugin for WordPress?
After reviewing the best lead generation tools for WordPress, OptinMonster comes out on top. It has all the features you ever want from a lead generation solution. It’s easy to design professional campaigns that are optimized for conversions.
Whether you have an eCommerce store, business website, or a simple blog, you’ll find it super helpful for converting as many visitors into leads and subscribers.
If you’re looking for a WordPress-specific solution that allows you to connect your forms with your email marketing service, then you can use WPForms. With WPForms, you can even display a signup checkbox on your contact forms. This lets you automatically add users to your email list without having to submit another form.
SeedProd is also a great option if you want to create custom lead generation landing pages on your WordPress site. A dedicated landing page puts all of the focus on your optin offer, making visitors more likely to convert. Alongside a lead generation plugin, a CRM tool also helps in translating leads into sales.
We hope this article helped you find the best WordPress lead generation plugin for your site. Once you have the right lead generation tools, you’ll find these resources helpful:
- Best Email Marketing Services
- Automate Lead Verification in WordPress
- Conversion Rate Optimization Tools to Skyrocket Growth
These posts will help you get more relevant leads and conversions to grow your business.