It was only a matter of time before a superior WordPress SEO plugin came along to dethrone the extremely popular All In One SEO Pack. After a change of ownership, questions arose as to whether the new owner would keep it up to date with the latest SEO trends. Others would be happy as long as it would remain compatible with future WordPress versions.
A few days ago, a new plugin was released known as Platinum SEO Pack. This appears to be a “fork” of the All In One SEO pack. It claims to do everything All In One SEO does, and more. Here are a few new features in this plugin:
- Ability to add index, noindex, follow or nofollow, noodp, noydir meta tags to any post or page
- Automatic 301 redirect if you change your permalink structure
- Choose to block indexing (using noindex tag) on RSS feed pages
- Nofollow external links on front page
- Nofollow links to archive/category/tag pages
Some of this stuff might be considered “SEO overkill” although all of these are options in the backend.
I was using it myself (on another site) earlier today and didn’t find any problems or bugs. You can get the plugin yourself here.
What do you think? Has All In One SEO Pack been trumped in favor of Platinum SEO? Share your thoughts in the comments.