Are you considering how much ConvertKit is going to cost you and whether it’s worth it?
ConvertKit is one of the best email marketing tools to connect with your audience and build relationships. In doing so, it helps you boost sales and conversions to earn revenue through your marketing efforts.
It’s loaded with features that help you create content, sell digital products, grow your subscriber list, and automate your marketing campaigns.
It has a lot to offer but naturally, there’s a price tag attached to it. And you may be wondering if it’s going to be worth your money.
Now, we know you can easily find ConvertKit prices on their website but we’re not here to cover just that. In this post, we’re going to check out all they have to offer under their pricing plans.
We hope to help you choose the right plan so that you get your money’s worth. We’ll also give you tips on how to get the best deal from ConvertKit.
Here’s a table of contents so you can easily navigate through the post.
- Quick Overview of ConvertKit
- ConvertKit Pricing Plans
- Comparing ConvertKit Pricing Plans
- ConvertKit: Coupons and Discounts!
- ConvertKit Trials and Refunds
- Free Courses by ConvertKit
- Migrate to ConvertKit for Free
- Explore ConvertKit with a Free Demo
- Popular ConvertKit Alternatives with Pricing
- Is ConvertKit Worth It?
Quick Overview of ConvertKit
ConvertKit is the best email marketing software that helps you convert visitors into subscribers and customers.
Having said that, ConvertKit goes above and beyond being just a simple email marketing tool. Here are some of the cool things you can do with ConvertKit:
- Set up a custom landing page to share your ideas and projects with your audience
- Create engaging lead generation forms on your site to grow your subscriber list
- Organize and manage your subscriber list with tags, segments, products, and forms
- Send email broadcasts to your subscriber list
- Create email sequences to automate your marketing campaigns to send useful content to subscribers regularly
- Intergrate with your favorite third-party tools to grow your business
- Learn how to build your online business, launch digital products, and more with their free courses
ConvertKit is designed for creators who might be bloggers, authors, YouTubers, artists, chefs, designers, or teachers. Their mission is to help creators earn a living from their craft.
Now that you’ve got a good picture of what ConvertKit has to offer, let’s take a look at how much you’d need to invest to start earning money through ConvertKit.
ConvertKit Pricing Plans
ConvertKit is priced in a way that everyone can afford it. And the best part is you can get started for free!
ConvertKit’s prices are based on the number of subscribers you have. So the plans increase in cost as you grow your list.
On the pricing page, ConvertKit has three plans available:
You’ll also see a slider bar above the plans that lets you easily calculate how much their plans cost based on the number of subscribers in your list.
You can drag the slider across to get a price instantly. Now, let’s take a look at what features you get under each plan.
Forever Free Plan
ConvertKit’s free plan is forever free means you’ll never be charged or asked to upgrade if you’re happy with what it has to offer. It’s a great option for bloggers, small businesses, non-profits, and NGOs.
With the ConvertKit free plan, here’s what you get:
- Manage up to 1,000 subscribers
- Create ulimited landing pages & forms
- Send email broadcasts to your subscribers
- Start selling digital products & subscriptions
- Basic email support
The great part about the Free plan is that there’s no credit card required. So there’s no risk of being charged at any point in time.
However, if your email list grows beyond 1,000 subscribers, ConvertKit will invite you to upgrade your plan.
At this point, you can enter your payment details and purchase a premium plan.
That said, if you’re a small website and don’t grow past 1,000 subscribers, you can stay on the free plan for as long as you like. You won’t get access to the features available in the pro plans, but in some cases, this is more than enough.
The Creator plan starts at $29 per month and increases in cost as your subscriber base grows.
It gives you access to everything in the free plan plus a few more features:
- Migrate from other services for free
- Create automated funnels and sequences
- Priority email support
The pricing changes with every few thousand new subscribers and there are 43 different levels for up to 400,000 subscribers. If you have more subscribers than that, you’ll need to talk to the ConvertKit team to create a custom plan.
Here’s a basic breakdown of the pricing structure as you grow.
- Up to 3,000 subscribers – $49 per month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $79 per month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $119 per month
- Up to 20,000 subscribers – $179 per month
- Up to 65,000 subscribers – $439 per month
- Up to 105,000 subscribers – $679 per month
- Up to 225,000 subscribers – $1,399 per month
- Up to 400,000 subscribers – $2,299 per month
The Creator plan is suited for businesses that are growing. Now, you may be wondering, “What happens if I cross my subscriber limit?”
Well, ConvertKit automatically upgrades you to the next plan so that you don’t face any interruptions in your marketing funnels and sequences.
It does, however, let you clean up your subscriber list and remain below your subscriber limit. If you’ve reduced your list and need to downgrade your plan, you’ll have to contact the support team to do that.
The highest plan from ConvertKit is Creator Pro. It starts at $59 per month and just like the Creator plan, it increases as your subscriber base grows.
You get all the features of the Creator plan plus a few more powerful ones:
- Create custom Facebook audiences
- Set up newsletter referral systems
- View your subscriber scoring to see if how engaged they are
- Get valuable insights with advanced reporting
- Premium email support
The Creator Pro plan also has 43 different levels of pricing for up to 400,000 subscribers. Here’s a basic breakdown of the pricing structure as you grow.
- Up to 3,000 subscribers – $79 per month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $111 per month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $167 per month
- Up to 20,000 subscribers – $251 per month
- Up to 65,000 subscribers – $591 per month
- Up to 105,000 subscribers – $879 per month
- Up to 225,000 subscribers – $1,699 per month
- Up to 400,000 subscribers – $2,599 per month
As your subscriber list grows, you’ll automatically be upgraded to the next level of pricing. And if your subscriber base grows beyond 500,000 subscribers, you’ll need to contact the ConvertKit team to create a custom plan.
Comparing ConvertKit Pricing Plans
Every pricing plan from ConvertKit gives you access to more awesome features. So we decided to compare all three plans side by side to see what you may be missing out on if you don’t upgrade to the Creator or Creator Pro plan.
On the other hand, this comparison can help you see if you’re on a higher plan that you don’t really need. You can then decide to downgrade to a lower-cost plan and save money.
Let’s get started.
Grow Your Audience
First, ConvertKit offers features to grow your audience. The free plan limits you to 1,000 subscribers, but with the paid plans, you can go up to 500,000 subscribers.
In all three plans you can create unlimited landing pages, sales pages, and link pages. You get a customizable domain that can handle unlimited traffic.
If you want to set up a full-fledged website, see our step by step guide on setting up a website.
With ConvertKit, you can also create as many signup forms as you need. And you can add opt-in incentives to encourage visitors to sign up.
Next, you can tag your subscribers to organize your list and get reports to see how your subscriber base is growing.
Now, ConvertKit also offers Facebook custom audiences and newsletter referral systems but these features are available only under the Creator Pro plan.
Connect With Your Audience
ConvertKit’s goal is to help you connect with your audience and build relationships. So it lets you send as many email broadcasts as you need with all plans.
If you’re on a paid plan, you get visual automation funnels to build an automated path for your subscribers to go through.
Plus, you can create a series of emails that are automatically delivered to subscribers. This lets you send the right content at the right time to get optimal results from your campaigns.
You can also integrate with popular tools and services. So it’s easy to add ConvertKit to your existing marketing setup.
Now, if you’re on the Creator Pro plan, ConvertKit lets you edit links in emails after you’ve sent them. So if you’ve made an error and sent the wrong link, you can still fix it.
You’ll also get access to analytics to see your open and click rates. This will give you insights into which campaigns are working better. You can also see your subscriber scores to find out who is engaging with your content and who is uninterested.
You can then unsubscribe unengaged users and keep your list clean. This way you won’t be spamming anyone who doesn’t want your content and you’ll also be paying only for subscribers who are of value.
Earn a Living
After putting in all that effort into your marketing campaigns and investing in ConvertKit, you need to generate revenue.
With all plans, ConvertKit lets you sell digital products through a customizable sales page. You can also run paid newsletters and sell recurring subscriptions.
ConvertKit charges a low transaction fee of 3.5%+30cents for every transaction.
ConvertKit has a responsive support team that’s really helpful.
With the free plan, you get access to the community forum and basic email support. The Creator plan gets priority email support and you can add an additional team member to the software.
The Creator Pro plan gets premium email support and you can add as many team members as you like.
ConvertKit: Coupons and Discounts!
At IsItWP, we’re always on the lookout for the best deals for you. We work hard at negotiating offers and discounts that we can offer our users.
So if you’re looking for the best pricing possible, use our ConvertKit coupon.
Simply follow our coupon link, follow the setup instructions, and the best pricing will be applied automatically. There’s no coupon code required.
Added to that, you can get a big discount if you choose to pay for your ConvertKit plan on an annual basis.
The discount amounts to 2 months’ subscription fee! We’ve listed the pricing structure for the Creator plan along with the original price in brackets so you can check out how much you’d be saving:
- Up to 1,000 subscribers – $35 per month ($49)
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $66 per month ($79)
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $100 per month ($119)
- Up to 20,000 subscribers – $150 per month ($179)
- Up to 65,000 subscribers – $366 per month ($439)
- Up to 105,000 subscribers – $566 per mont ($679)
- Up to 225,000 subscribers – $1,166 per month ($1,399)
- Up to 400,000 subscribers – $1,916 per month ($2,299)
And for the Creator Pro plan, you’ll see the subscription rates drop to:
- Up to 1,000 subscribers – $50 per month ($79)
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $93 per month ($111)
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $140 per month ($167)
- Up to 20,000 subscribers – $210 per month ($251)
- Up to 65,000 subscribers – $493 per month ($591)
- Up to 105,000 subscribers – $733 per month ($879)
- Up to 225,000 subscribers – $1,416 per month ($1,699)
- Up to 400,000 subscribers – $2,166 per month ($2,599)
So, if you bill annually and commit to a year’s subscription, you can save quite a bit on your investment cost.
ConvertKit Trials and Refunds
If you want to explore ConvertKit’s premium features before you invest in the tool, you can sign up for the free trial.
The trial lasts for 14 days. Now, if you don’t subscribe, the trial will end after 14 days and you won’t have access to the premium features anymore.
If you choose to subscribe to ConvertKit, you’ll need to add your credit card to your account. It will then automatically sign you up for the plan you’ve selected.
ConvertKit also gives you a 30-day no-risk period within which you can request a refund. So in case you change your mind, you can cancel your account, and the team will refund your money.
Free Courses by ConvertKit
One of the great things about ConvertKit is they want to see you grow. They’ve taken so many extra steps to make sure you succeed in generating revenue from your business.
And one of these features is the free courses they offer on their site. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a free or paid plan, you can subscribe to the courses.
There are currently 3 courses to learn how to build and launch your business and digital products. Under these courses, there are 75+ lessons along with templates that you can use to get started.
Migrate to ConvertKit for Free
Now, some of you may already be using an email marketing tool. And since you’re reading this we assume you want to switch to a better tool.
If you’ve decided to migrate over to ConvertKit, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is. That said, the free migration tool is available only with the Creator and Creator Pro plans.
You’ll need to fill out a migration form so that the ConvertKit gets all the details they need. After that, one of their migration experts will connect with you to migrate you over to their platform.
They also have ConvertKit guides and resources that you can use to switch over from a different platform.
Explore ConvertKit with a Free Demo
If you’re still not convinced about what ConvertKit has to offer, you can request a demo from the team.
All you have to do is leave your information and the ConvertKit team will get in touch with you. They’ll show you the features of the software and how to use them.
This will help you decide whether ConvertKit is for you or not.
Popular ConvertKit Alternatives with Pricing
ConvertKit is one of the best email marketing tools out there. At the same time, it does have competition from some equally good services.
If you want to explore more options, here are a few email marketing services we recommend:
- Constant Contact – A very popular email marketing service that customizes your experience to help you level up your strategy. It starts at $20 per month.
- Sendinblue – Best bulk email and SMS service that’s great for beginners. There’s a free plan and premium ones start at $25 per month.
- Drip – One of best email marketing automation tools to increase conversions and generate leads. Plans start at $49 per month.
- AWeber – One of the oldest and most popular email services that has helped grow numerous businesses. There’s a free plan and the paid ones start at $19 per month.
- Mailchimp – An all-in-one marketing automation suite with powerful features to grow your business. There’s a forever free plan and premium plans start at $9.99 per month.
- GetResponse – An email blast service that lets you create beautiful emails and high-converting signup forms. Plans start at $15 per month.
- MailerLite – Possibly the closest alternative to ConvertKit as it offers a forever free plan for up to 1,000 subscribers along with similar features. Paid plans start at $10 per month.
For more on this, check out our comparison of the Best Email Marketing Services for Small Business.
Is ConvertKit Worth It?
After looking at everything ConvertKit has to offer and their different pricing plans, we can say with confidence that it’s worth it.
However, you need to choose the right plan for you. Here’s what we recommend:
For those of you who are just starting out on a budget and want to build an audience, the free plan is perfect for that. You can create landing pages, sell products, and send unlimited email broadcasts to your subscribers.
If you have a growing business, even if you’re just getting started, you would benefit from powerful automation features. So the Creator plan would be a good fit. You can set your email marketing campaigns on autopilot while you focus on creating content and growing your business.
For those of you who already have an email list, then the Creator Pro plan is more suitable. It will help you take your business to the next level with features like deliverability reporting, subscriber scores, and Facebook custom audiences.
Remember this is our suggestion based on what we’ve experienced and analyzed. But it’s really up to you to decide what’s best for your business.
And if you’re ready to start your ConvertKit journey, get ConvertKit now!
We hope this post helped you get the right ConvertKit plan for business. You may also want to see our comparisons of the best lead generation plugins to help grow your subscriber list.