Do you want to add seamless payment options to your website? Want to know which is the best WordPress plugin for that?
You can find dozens of WordPress payment plugins on the market. But not every plugin will match your specific needs. Ideally, you should pick a plugin that gives you access to plenty of secure payment gateways and a smooth user experience.
In this article, we’ll share some of the best WordPress payment plugins that you can use to accept online payments.
What to Look For in a WordPress Payment Plugin?
When it comes to payment plugins, you need to be careful about the one you pick because it involves online payments. Aside from the monetary aspect, you’ll also be dealing with sensitive customer information and payment details.
So it becomes critical to choose a reliable payment plugin. Here’s what we recommend keeping an eye out for:
- Secure Payments – Security is the most important factor when it comes to accepting payments online. Make sure the plugin uses security measures such as SCA (Secure Customer Authentication).
- Multiple Gateways – You’ll also want to look for multiple payment options so that customers can choose their preferred payment such as credit card, internet banking, or Google Pay.
- Alerts and Notifications – Automated email and SMS notifications let you send customers a confirmation email as soon as they make the payment. You’ll also receive an admin alert to notify you that someone has made a purchase.
- Payment Tracking – It would also be incredibly helpful if you can manage payments and customer information in an organized way right inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Refunds – When customers need their money back, you’ll want easy options to refund their money without facing high fees.
With this in mind, let’s check out the top WordPress payment plugins.
Best WordPress Payment Plugins
Below, you will find paid and free WordPress payment plugins. Each plugin offers unique features, so you can select the best payment plugin for your WordPress website.
WP Simple Pay is a premium WordPress Stripe payments plugin. It lets you accept one-time and recurring payments on your site without adding any code.
You can add services, products, and online donation options to WordPress in just a few clicks. Then customers can sign up for recurring payments, subscriptions, installments, or choose a custom amount.
The plugin also lets you create trial accounts and charge an initial setup fee.
To start accepting payments online, you can add flexible options including Stripe, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Microsoft Pay. The best part is that you can add these options in your payment forms as separate buttons making it easy for the customer to complete their order.
WP Simple Pay also lets you offer discounts to your customers using coupon codes. You can create discount codes for percentage or amount-off options, and this will work with subscriptions and one-time payments.
- Simple payment collection for donations and products
- Drag and drop payment form builder with custom fields and amounts
- Secure payment options with SCA (Secure Customer Authentication) support
- Optimized for all devices
- Installment plans, subscriptions, and trial periods
- Coupon codes and percentage discounts
Price: $99.50 – $299.50 per year. There’s a 14-day risk free money-back guarantee.
The plugin offers built-in templates and a drag and drop form builder to set up your payment form quickly. It’s well-suited for any WordPress website and small business that wants to make simple and customized payment forms without writing any code.
You can even list products or services inside the form to create a catalog. Customers can then choose the items they want to purchase and WPForms will dynamically change the total amount based on their selection.
With WPForms, you get multiple payment gateways, including PayPal, Authorize.Net, and Stripe. You’ll find addons that you can enable in one click to activate the payment option of your choice.
Moreover, it comes with instant notifications to get alerts on receivable payments. So, you can keep track of your payments and also share the details with your team quickly.
- Customizable payment form templates
- 1-click payment gateway options
- Automated admin and customer email notifications
- Customer tracking and management
- Powerful analytics
- Built-in antispam protection
For more details, you should check out our complete WPForms review.
Price: There’s a free version but the payment integrations are included in the premium version and cost $39.50 – $299.50 per year
Easy Digital Downloads Stripe is a paid WordPress eCommerce plugin to accept online payments. If you want to sell digital downloads, then this is a complete package to set up your store and add ebooks, courses, documents, and so on.
It provides an on-site checkout, so users can pay for their purchases without switching between pages. You can also use premium extensions from the Easy Digital Downloads plugin to add more features to your online payment system.
The plugin has a powerful recurring payment extension to offer subscriptions. If you’re selling licenses for software, online courses, and similar digital products, Easy Digital Downloads Stripe can help increase customer retention out of the box.
You’ll also be able to accept payments from Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Microsoft Pay. The best part is that these payment methods offer a variety of checkout options to customers, including Touch ID, Face ID, and digital wallets.
- Multiple payment options including Touch ID and Face ID
- Recurring payments and subscriptions
- Test mode to check and fix issues
- Options to manually approve or decline payments
- Integrated refunds to customer’s payment mode
- Global support in 135+ countries and 27 languages
- Conversion optimized features like saved cards and onsite checkouts
Price: The plugin is a pro extension of Easy Digital Downloads that costs $99.50 – $499.50 per year.
You can sell online courses and digital downloads. The best part about MemberPress is that it gives you complete control of your content. That means you can set custom permissions to unlock a course automatically after accepting payments from members.
With MemberPress, you can also grant and revoke access to your website pages, posts, videos, categories, tags, and other custom post types. Everything is easy to manage and track in your WordPress dashboard.
The platform also seamlessly integrates with all popular WordPress themes so you can make sure your membership options and pricing plans match your website design.
- Easy setup
- Tons of payment integrations
- Create tiered pricing options
- Recurring and subscription models
- Restrict and grant access to website areas
- Powerful reports
For more details, you should check out our complete MemberPress review.
Price: $179 – $399 per year
You get full access to add course fees, enroll users, manage progress, create user groups, and communicate using emails. It also sends automatic notifications to those users who purchase online courses from your site.
It supports multiple payment methods, including PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, and so on. With LearnDash, you can create one-time payment courses, monthly/yearly subscriptions, paid memberships, and deals. It sends renewal notifications to members to maximize revenue.
- One-time sales, subscriptions, bundles, memberships, and more
- Plenty of payment options including credit card payments and wallets
- Supports 300+ payment gateways
- Send automatic renewal notifications
- Refund protection
For more details, you should check out our complete LearnDash review.
Price: $159 – $329 per year.
PayPal Plus is a free WordPress payment plugin for WooCommerce websites. It integrates with your PayPal account and makes it easier for you to add an online payment system to your eCommerce store.
Payments collected will be deposited into your merchant account.
PayPal Plus supports multiple payment formats, including credit card, debit card, and pay upon invoice. With express checkout options, you can directly credit the payment to your PayPal account.
- Express payment processing checkout gateways
- 4 popular payment methods
- PayPal vendor protection
- Transparent fees (without signup or monthly fees)
- PCI compliant
It works with any WordPress website to collect payments from users. You get an intuitive overview page to manage, accept, and refund your payments in just a few clicks.
- Stripe integration
- SCA ready for user-initiated payments
- 3D secure payments
- Supports full and partial refunds
- Available in 44 countries
- Automatic email receipt
Stripe Payments is a fantastic WordPress payment plugin to process payments online. It provides a shortcode to add Stripe’s Buy Now button on your website to sell products and services.
It’s a perfect choice for NGOs to accept online donations securely through their Stripe account. You can review the payments from your WordPress admin dashboard in the plugin’s menu.
- Quick installation and setup
- Sell digital files, goods, and downloads
- Create and customize simple payment buttons
- Manage purchase orders inside WordPress dashboard
- Add taxes and shipping
WordPress Simple Pay is a free payment and shopping cart plugin. It lets you display an Add to Cart button on the product pages, posts, and custom post types.
With instant shopping cart access, users will know what they’re purchasing from your website and how much to pay on completing an order. It offers a smart PayPal payment button to accept payments directly to your PayPal account.
- Minimal configuration
- Create ‘add to cart’ button
- Sell physical and digital goods and services
- Test mode with PayPal sandbox
- Special instructions field, coupons, and other checkout options
And that’s it! That’s our list of the best WordPress payment plugins.
Which is the BEST WordPress Payment Plugin?
We’ve covered the top plugins that help you accept payments on your site but it may still be hard to pick just one! To narrow it down for you, here’s our pick of the top 3 WordPress payment plugins:
- WP Simple Pay: The simplest yet powerful payment option for WordPress
- WPForms: #1 payment form plugin to build any kind of form and accept online payments
- Easy Digital Downloads Stripe: Best plugin to sell digital goods online and collect payments
We hope this article helped you find the best WordPress payment plugins to accept online payments on your site.
Next, we’ve handpicked these resources for you:
- How to Accept Stripe Payments in WordPress (Step by Step)
- How To Create an Online Order Form in WordPress
- How to Sell a Product on Your WordPress Site (Without an Online Store)
These tutorials will help you set up online payments so that you can start selling or accepting money online right away.