Are you looking for Typeform competitors and alternatives to create an online form?
Typeform is a popular form builder that lets you add online web forms and surveys. However, it’s a premium tool and that means it can be out of budget for beginners and small business owners.
Thankfully, there are several online form builders on the market that are just as good and come with free plans or at least have affordable price tags.
In this article, we’ll share some of the best Typeform alternatives and competitors that you can use to build online forms in WordPress.
This list will tell you everything you need to know about the popular online form builders that compete with Typeform, and it’ll also help you decide which form builder is a perfect fit for your website.
Why Should You Look for Typeform Alternatives?
Typeform is a premium online form and survey tool. It has powerful features like advanced logic, conversational forms, and conversion tracking.
The tool also seamlessly integrates with the popular software on the market, including HubSpot, Salesforce, Zapier, Google Sheets, Mailchimp, and more.
Added to that, there’s a wide range of instruction manuals and guides to help create web forms.
With Typeform, you can create all sorts of forms for your website. These include:
- Online quizzes
- Online polls
- Feedback surveys
- HR surveys
- Application forms
- Order forms
- Evaluation forms
The great part about Typeform is that there’s a free plan that lets you create as many forms as you need. The downside is that you can add only 10 questions and get 10 answers per month.
The plan is designed to let you test out their platform and features before upgrading. So truth be told, you won’t survive for long on the free plan.
When you decide to buy the premium version, it’ll cost you $29 per month. And that gives you just 100 responses per month.
If you want to accept more responses from your users, you’ll need to keep upgrading to a higher tier. It just isn’t an ideal situation for any business.
And that’s just one reason why you’d want to look at Typeform alternatives. Other form tools and plugins have advanced features that you may want to explore.
So it’s better to know your options before you open your wallet.
With that said, let’s look at the best Typeform alternatives and competitors.
Best Typeform Alternatives and Competitors
Below, you’ll find some of the best Typeform alternatives and competitors to create and add online web forms in WordPress.
Let’s get started.
WPForms is the most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugin. It comes with a drag and drop form builder to create professional-looking forms in just a few clicks – without writing any code.
You’ll get access to hundreds of form templates to let you add a contact form, sign up form, user registration form, online survey form, multi-page form, and more. And the best part is that you can use these templates to add and customize a form in less than a minute.
WPForms provides built-in spam protection with a smart captcha. This helps prevent spam form submissions and you’ll get the best leads from your contact forms.
When it comes to integrations, WPForms is super flexible to work with any popular payment solutions, email marketing services, and marketing tools. Some of the popular integrations include:
- Constant Contact
- And more…
It provides you with an addon for each integration, which means you can quickly install the addon to get the service. Now, this also helps improve your website performance and speed because you’ll be installing only those addons you need on your website.
Moreover, WPForms has several other addons for adding geolocation, guest post submission, online signature, and more.
WPForms Pricing and Plans
WPForms offers a free lite version in the WordPress repository. It’s great for beginners and small websites that need simple forms. Aside from that, there are four pricing plans:
- Basic: The Basic plan is designed for beginners, startups, and small businesses to add contact forms in WordPress. It lets you add unlimited forms on your website and you get premium-quality form templates to start with online forms. The plan costs $39.50 per year ($3.29 per month).
- Plus: If you have more than one website, the Plus plan is the right choice. It’s affordable even for small businesses running different brands to connect with customers. This plan has powerful marketing integrations and automation workflows to ease up your job. It costs $99.50 per year ($8.29 per month).
- Pro: The WPForms Pro plan has more features and flexibility to add contact forms and other online forms in WordPress. It also lets you add products to the form and accept payment seamlessly. Among other features, you get more integration options and conversion reports. This plan costs $199.50 per year ($16.65 per month).
- Elite: This is the top-tier plan with access to unlimited websites, multisite support, client management, access control, and more. It also offers premium integrations that you won’t find in any other contact form plugin. The Elite plan costs $299.50 per year ($24.95 per month).
WPForms vs Typeform
WPForms is user-friendly and easy to use for anyone. It has a powerful form builder that you can use to create and customize your web forms without needing any technical skill.
The most top-tier plan of WPForms is cheaper than the basic Typeform plan. This means WPForms outranks Typeform right away in terms of affordability, features, and flexibility.
For a full comparison of the two form builders, see our guide on WPForms vs Typeform. It shares complete details on each platform including features, pricing, and comparison.
Formidable Forms is the most advanced WordPress forms plugin. It comes with a drag and drop form builder and several form templates to add complex forms to your website.
It has dedicated and solution-focused form templates. These templates are designed to look and function great out of the box. You’ll only need to make minor changes to customize the form to your match your purpose. Then you can launch the form page right away.
Some of the Formidable Forms templates include:
- Calculator forms
- Contact forms
- Payment forms
- Registration forms
- Survey forms
Also, Formidable Forms lets you create data-driven applications using the web application builder. You can create list views and directory views based on the user submissions on your online forms. For example, user-submitted recipes can help build a recipe list.
Formidable Forms integrates with popular third-party services and software, including Highrise CRM, Salesforce, Constant Contact, Zapier, HubSpot, and more.
Formidable Forms Pricing and Plans
Formidable Forms has a similar pricing model as WPForms. It also offers four plans:
- Basic: This plan comes with a dozen templates, multi-page forms, conditional logic, and more. It works for a single website and costs $39.50 per year ($3.29 per month).
- Plus: The Plus plan has access to 50+ form templates, modal forms, user tracking, and email service integrations. It allows access to up to 3 websites and costs $99.50 per year ($8.29 per month).
- Business: If you have more than three websites, then the Formidable Forms Business plan is the right choice. It offers 80+ form templates, premium integrations, quiz maker, and WPML. It costs $199.50 per year ($16.65 per month).
- Elite: With this plan, you get access to 150+ templates, WooCommerce support, white labeling, WordPress multisite support, and more. It works on unlimited websites and costs $299.50 per year ($24.95 per month).
Formidable Forms vs Typeform
Formidable Forms has solution-focused form templates and an advanced form builder. This plugin is built for advanced users and comes with high-end solutions, like a web application builder.
When it comes to pricing, Formidable Forms is super affordable for beginners and small businesses. Their Elite plan is cheaper than the basic Typeform plan, which means you can pick Formidable form over Typeform any day.
Ninja Forms is a user-friendly contact form plugin for WordPress. It comes with a drag and drop form builder that lets you create professional, beautiful, and complex web forms without any coding skills.
Ninja Forms offers customization options for your forms including custom fields, rows, columns, layouts, and more. Plus, it allows you to create multi-page forms and conditional forms easily.
The plugin integrates with the following services:
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
Moreover, you can add a file upload form to let users upload PDFs, excel files, and Google Sheets.
To top it off, Ninja Forms also lets you accept payments using web forms. You can integrate with PayPal to add a donation form in WordPress. Then you can accept single and recurring payments, fixed amounts, user-entered amounts, and more.
Ninja Forms Pricing and Plans
Ninja Forms offers four plans for small to large-scale businesses.
- Personal: The personal plan costs $49.50 per year ($4.12 per month). It works for a single website and provides all form building tools and integrations.
- Professional: This plan is designed for businesses with multiple websites. It costs $99.50 per year ($8.29 per month) and comes with user management login, datepicker, payment solutions, and more.
- Agency: Ninja Forms Agency plan is the top tier plan. It costs $249.50 per year ($20.79 per month) and offers access to unlimited websites, SMS notifications, advanced analytics, and more.
- À La Carte: This is a custom plan and the cost varies from $29-$129 per year. The price will depend on the services that you use with Ninja Forms. It supports up to 20 websites.
The personal, professional, and agency plans offer a discount on the first payment. From the second year, all plans will renew at normal prices.
Ninja Forms vs Typeform
Ninja Forms is a simple and beginner-friendly contact form plugin. It comes with key features for beginners with personal blogs to set up and add contact forms. It also offers advanced forms for large businesses and eCommerce stores.
If you compare prices, Ninja Forms beats Typeform right away. It has a custom plan that you can purchase to set prices based on the features you use and nothing more.
HubSpot, known for its CRM (customer relationship) software, also offers a free WordPress plugin that you can use to add forms to your site.
It comes with a drag and drop form builder, 1,000+ form fields, and multiple goal-based form templates like contact forms, newsletter signup forms, registration forms, and more.
You can create several types of forms including:
- Standalone forms
- Embedded forms
- Popup forms
- Slide-in boxes
- Drop-down boxes
Plus, everyone that fills out your forms will be automatically added to the built-in CRM. This makes it easy to manage your contacts, set reminder tasks for follow-ups, and send personalized emails.
Additionally, the HubSpot plugin also comes with tools like email marketing, live chat, landing pages, and more.
HubSpot Pricing and Plans
The HubSpot plugin is free to download from the WordPress repository. The free plugin includes the form builder, email marketing, live chat, and more, with basic features.
For advanced features and increased limits, you can upgrade to one of three premium plans:
1. Starter: The Starter plan costs $45 per month. It includes increased limits for the free tools and removes the HubSpot branding from your forms, email marketing, live chat, and landing pages.
2. Professional: The Professional plan is for bigger businesses and starts at $800 per month. It includes omni-channel marketing automation, dynamic personalization, A/B testing, and more.
3. Enterprise: The Enterprise plan is for very large companies and includes extra features for managing teams and brands, advanced reporting, and more. It starts at $3,200 per month.
HubSpot vs Typeform
HubSpot’s free plugin gives you the ability to add forms, live chat, email marketing, and more, to your WordPress site. It’s a good all-in-one marketing plugin for beginners on a budget.
But, if you want advanced features and increased limits, Typeform’s premium plans are more affordable than HubSpot’s premium plans.
Paperform is a creative online form builder tool on the market. It lets you build beautiful web forms and automated workflows to save administrative time and cost.
It has a unique form editor with a drag and drop option to create online forms, payment forms, product forms, and more. Paperform allows you to add images, videos, and styled text to your forms easily.
It fully integrates with popular payment services to collect online payments. Some of the best Paperform integrations include:
- PayPal Business
Paperform allows one-time payments, payment subscriptions, and donation collection using web forms. It also lets you sell digital products, services, and online courses on your website.
It works with Google Calendar to help you add an online appointment and booking form. This way, you can manage your availability, bookings, and more.
Paperform Pricing and Plans
Paperform comes with three simple plans for advanced users:
- Essentials: The Essentials plan costs $24 per month and it works for up to 5 websites. It’s the basic plan and comes with a template gallery, custom languages, reCaptcha, auto-save forms, and more.
- Pro: The Paperform Pro plan is for large businesses. It costs $44 per month and works on up to 30 websites. It lets you remove Paperform branding from your web forms.
- Agency: This plan comes with all features and flexibility that you need to add advanced forms in WordPress. It works on unlimited websites and costs $99 per month. The pricing is scalable based on the number of users that you add to access and manage your forms.
If you choose to pay annually, you can get a discount on all Paperform plans.
Paperform vs Typeform
Paperform is a premium quality form builder tool. It comes with an e-signature, instant notifications, partial form submission, and more amazing features.
When you compare Paperform with Typeform, the pricing difference is not much. However, Paperform is still cheaper and offers more custom features than Typeform.
Zoho Forms is a powerful online form builder to create and customize web forms. It comes with an intuitive form builder with a simple and clean interface. You can easily add dynamic forms to your website.
Zoho Forms has dozens of custom fields so you can create a form that matches your needs perfectly.
You can even add a live form and validate users’ responses right away.
Zoho Forms supports multi-page forms and lets users save their progress. This way, they can partially complete the form now and finish it later.
Some of the key features include:
- Skip logic
- Email & SMS notifications
- Sharable forms
- Multiple embedding options
- Full Zoho integration
- UTM tracking
Zoho Forms allows you to add custom alert messages in a live form to guide users about several fields. It also integrates with payment solutions, security services, email platforms, and more.
Zoho Forms Pricing and Plans
Zoho Forms has five affordable plans for personal blogs, small businesses, and enterprises:
- Free: The Zoho Forms free plan allows you to create up to three web forms and offer a 200 MB storage.
- Basic: This plan works for personal blogs and costs $12 per month. It allows you to add unlimited forms, comes with payment integration, and offer up to 500 MB storage.
- Standard: The Standard plan is suitable for small businesses and costs $30 per month. It supports up to 10 users, 2 MB storage, and more features.
- Professional: The Zoho Forms Professional plan is built for large businesses. It lets you add more team members to manage your forms. The plan costs $60 per month and comes with 5 GB storage.
- Premium: The top plan of Zoho Forms costs $110 per month and works for enterprise users. It has 10 GB storage capacity, support for 100 team members, and unlimited form submissions.
You can pay on annual basis to get a discount on all Zoho Forms plans.
Zoho Forms vs Typeform
Zoho Forms is a robust online form creator with premium tools and integrations. It has flexible pricing, on-site storage capacity, unlimited reports and form submissions, and much more.
While Typeform’s free plan is designed to get you to upgrade, Zoho Forms free plan could work well for small website owners. It has basic features but it lets you create 3 forms with 500 submissions a month.
Overall, Zoho is also a great alternative as it’s cheaper and comes with great features to design any form you need. If you want to go for a different option, then see our guide on the best Zoho alternatives.
Jotform is a free online form builder on the market. It comes with conditional logic, online payments, advanced reports, and automated workflows that you can use to improve user experience.
The form builder is so easy to use making it a great choice for beginners. It offers customization and styling options to match the look of your form with your website’s theme.
Jotform allows you to create several types of online forms including:
- Approval forms
- PDF forms
- Online payment forms
- HIPAA forms
- Prefill forms
All forms are fully mobile responsive and look great on all screen sizes and devices. Jotform has hundreds of integrations with popular services and tools on the market to add more significant features to your online forms.
If you want, you can check our list for the best Jotform alternatives.
Jotform Pricing and Plans
Jotform comes with four plans, including the forever-free plan for personal blogs, startups, and small businesses:
- Starter (Free): The Jotform free plan allows you to create up to 5 forms. It has a 100 MB storage capacity, 100 form submissions, and unlimited reports.
- Bronze: As your business grow, you can look for this plan. It costs $29 per month and comes with more flexible options to create a form.
- Silver: This is the second-tier plan with several unlimited options, 100 GB storage space, and more. It costs $39 per month and works great for large-scale businesses.
- Gold: The top-tier plan costs $99 per month with no-limit to create and add forms to your website. It also works great for eCommerce stores.
Jotform vs Typeform
Jotform offers a free plan that gives Typeform some serious competition. Other plans may seem similar to Typeform, but the second-tier plan by Jotform is cheaper than Typeform and offers more flexibility.
Jotform also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and refund full payment – no questions asked.
That’s our list of the best Typeform alternatives. At the end of the day, you’re going to need just one form builder. So instead of trying and testing all the alternatives, we’ll give you our top pick next.
Conclusion: Which is the Best Typeform Competitor & Alternative?
The best WordPress form plugin is WPForms, hands down.
The tool offers flexibility, ease of use, powerful features, an intuitive form builder, and much more at an affordable price for beginners and small business owners.
WPForms is actively installed on 5+ million websites on the internet and is one of the most popular online form plugins. We recommend it as a Typeform alternative to our users.
If that’s not for you, then check out Formidable Forms for complex and advanced online forms. The pricing of this plugin also outranks Typeform any day.
That’s all we have for you. We hope this article has helped you find the best Typeform competitors and alternatives that you can use to create online forms in WordPress.
Next, you’ll definitely want to see the following guides:
- How to Create a Custom PayPal Form For WordPress Sites
- How To Create an Online Order Form in WordPress
- How To Reduce Form Abandonment and Boost Conversions
These articles will help you create different types of forms in WordPress. You can also reduce form abandonment and get more leads from your website!