Looking for the best Ecwid alternative to set up an online store?
Ecwid is a popular eCommerce solution for beginners, entrepreneurs, and small businesses. It offers a WordPress plugin that you can use on your website to create storefronts in a few clicks.
However, it is not the only online store builder out there. You can check out different options on the market and choose a suitable tool for your business.
This is why we’ve picked out the best Ecwid alternatives that offer powerful features to build a full-fledged eCommerce site.
Before that, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you should consider using these alternatives.
Why Look For an Alternative to Ecwid?
Although Ecwid is super user-friendly and offers tons of tools to sell products on your website, it does have some drawbacks like:
- Basic eCommerce Features: You don’t get the advanced features to build a complete eCommerce platform on your website. So, it can be difficult to scale as your business grows.
- Limited Customization Options: Pre-designed store themes available are not fully customizable. You can only change basic elements like text and color.
- Lacks SEO Editing Functionality: Ecwid automatically generates URLs for your product pages for SEO. But you don’t get the option to edit the URL as you want to boost your rankings.
- Customer Support: Live chat and phone support services are only available for premium users. The free version gives access to email support.
With that said, let’s look at our list of the best alternatives to Ecwid and see what features they bring to the table.
Best Ecwid Alternatives
WooCommerce is the best eCommerce plugin for WordPress sites. It comes with all the features you’ll ever need to set up a fully-functional eCommerce store with ease. Even beginners can set up and start selling their products in a day.
If you want an Ecwid alternative that gives you full control over your website then, WooCommerce is the best option. It is an open-source eCommerce solution that offers tons of customization options and SEO tools.
So, you can easily personalize your online store the way you want. It’s also easy to find a WooCommerce developer to add advanced features.
The best thing about this plugin is that it is absolutely free and can be downloaded from the WordPress repository. It has built-in tools like inventory management, shipping options, and PayPal integration to accept online payments from customers.
Added to that, you’ll find hundreds of free and paid WooCommerce addons to extend the functionality of your online store. With these addons, you can add new payment options, subscriptions, membership plans, and more.
WooCommerce also provides extensive documentation and step-by-step guides that help users learn more about their platform and how to get the most out of it.
- Easy inventory management
- Tax calculation and shipping options
- Reporting and stats dashboard
- Options for generating discount codes
- SEO tools to improve product page rankings
- PayPal, credit card, bank transfer, and cash on delivery payments
- Inventory management system to track available stocks
Easy Digital Downloads is the #1 eCommerce plugin for selling digital products in WordPress. It is a lightweight but powerful plugin that makes it easy for you to sell your eBooks, video guides, software, and more.
The plugin provides seamless integration with popular payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Google Pay, and Apple Pay. So, you can accept payments using different methods such as debit cards, credit cards, bank transfers, and more.
As the name suggests, Easy Digital Download allows you to easily manage, sell, and track digital downloads on your WordPress site. It comes with a simple shopping cart system to improve your customer experience.
It’s a good alternative to Ecwid if you’re looking for an easy way to sell digital products with a wide range of payment methods.
You also get a dedicated customer management dashboard where you can view, edit or delete any records. There is also an option to track the customer activity in your store.
On top of that, Easy Digital Downloads generates detailed reports about your earnings, taxes, downloads, and more. You can export these reports to other services to analyze your website data.
If you’re not convinced, you can check our guide on the best Easy Digital Downloads alternative.
- Unlimited file downloads
- Customer account page
- Excellent customer support
- Integration with email marketing services
- Refund processing and tracking options
- Built-in data reporting system
The Personal plan starts at $99.50 per year.
MemberPress is the best membership plugin that lets you sell subscription-based digital products on your WordPress site. It is a great alternative to Ecwid for those who want to set up a complete membership site with eCommerce features.
With MemberPress, you can restrict any type of content on your site behind a paywall. It allows you to create access rules and multiple membership tiers.
Not to forget, the plugin also provides a content dripping feature that lets you release content at intervals.
One of the selling points of MemberPress is its Courses addon. With this, you can create, manage and sell online courses on your site without any hassle. It takes care of all the classroom designs so you can focus on delivering a good curriculum for your students.
MemberPress integrates with different payment processors such as Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.Net. So, you can easily accept one-time and recurring payments from your customers.
Plus, there are options to connect with community and forum building plugins like bbPress. This will allow you to build an online community where your customers can communicate and talk about your products.
- Unlimited membership levels and access rules
- Integration with multiple payment gateways
- Coupon code generation
- Content drip and expiration dates
- Dynamic product pricing page templates
- Reporting and stats dashboard
Starts at $179 for 1 site license.
Shopify is a popular cloud-hosted eCommerce platform that lets you sign up and create an online store in a few clicks. You can sell all types of digital and physical products on your site.
It gives you the option to choose from a collection of eye-catching themes that match the style of your brand. You can also customize the design of your storefront the way you want.
This eCommerce site builder doesn’t offer a native WordPress integration plugin like Ecwid. But, you can set up Shopify with WordPress and sell your products on your website as well.
One of the reasons why many business owners choose Shopify is that it is a fully hosted solution. This means you’ll never have to worry about upgrading your server and traffic outages for your eCommerce store.
Shopify handles all technical aspects of your website such as maintenance, security, and site speed. So, it is a great choice for beginners and small business owners to grow their online businesses.
Still not convinced? Check out our complete Shopify Review.
- User-friendly builder
- 60+ payment gateway integrations
- Responsive pre-made store templates
- Integration with social media sites and other marketplaces
- Option to connect with 3rd party services
The plans start at $29 per month.
WPForms is the most powerful WordPress form builder plugin that lets you create all types of forms such as contact forms, registration forms, order forms, and other payment forms.
It is on our list of the best alternatives to Ecwid because it provides a simple and easy way to sell products on your WordPress site.
With WPForms drag and drop builder, you can choose a purchase form template and customize it as per your needs. It allows you to build a complete product catalog with product images and prices.
WPForms offers integrations with major payment gateways like PayPal, Square, Stripe, and Authorize.Net. So, you can accept payments for your products directly on your WordPress forms.
You also get an entry management and tracking system that gives you full information about customers and new orders on your site.
If you want to build a simple one-product store or online shop then, WPForms is the right solution for you.
Along with this, the plugin lets you set up email notifications and confirmations for the customers when they complete their payments. You can even set admin notifications to get notified whenever there is a new order or purchase on your store.
See the full review » WPForms Review.
- Easy drag and drop builder
- List products with images and prices
- Supports popular payment processors
- Embed payment forms on any part of your site
- Connect with email marketing services
The pricing plans start at $39.50 per year.
BigCommerce is another great alternative to Ecwid. It is a cloud-hosted eCommerce platform that is perfect for medium to large-sized businesses.
To help you get started, it offers a collection of responsive store templates that you can choose from. It also comes with SEO and conversion tools to improve your online sales.
Like Ecwid, BigCommerce also offers a connector plugin so you can easily promote and sell products on your WordPress site.
All your payments are processed through the BigCommerce servers. This means your website performance and speed will not be affected.
- Simple user dashboard
- Pre-designed themes
- Multi-channel sales option
- Third-party integration
- Analytics and reporting system
The Standard plan starts at $29.95 per month (billed annually).
7. WP EasyCart
WP EasyCart is a lightweight eCommerce plugin available for free. It lets you sell unlimited products on your WordPress site.
It comes with a fast and clean shopping cart system that lets you sell retail products, digital downloadable products, gift cards, and more. You can also use this plugin to accept donations.
The free version of the plugin integrates with PayPal, Square, and Stripe. You can add payment options to the shopping cart and provide a better user experience to your customers.
Also check: How to Accept Stripe Payments in WordPress
For more payment options and advanced features like product subscriptions, you’ll need to upgrade to the premium version.
- Easy to use product page editor
- Complete admin dashboard
- Generate coupon codes and gift cards
- Tax calculation and management
Free. The pro version costs $99.
Which is the Best Ecwid Alternative?
We’ve reviewed the best Ecwid Alternatives in this list. You can go through each of these plugins and the features they offer.
If you’re having trouble choosing the right eCommerce store builder for your business, then you can check our top picks:
- WooCommerce: The best Ecwid alternative for WordPress users with tons of customization tools so you can build a personalized eCommerce store with ease.
- Easy Digital Downloads: Perfect for those businesses that want to sell and manage digital products on their website.
- MemberPress: It is the #1 membership plugin that lets you sell digital products and set up subscriptions for recurring payments.
Another great alternative to Ecwid is WPForms. With this, you won’t have to build a complex eCommerce store to sell your products. You can simply create purchase forms and order forms to accept payment on your site.
That’s all for today! We hope this article helped your find the best Ecwid alternative to grow your business online.
Next, you may want to check these resources:
- Best WooCommerce Upsell & Cross-Sell Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Checkout Plugins to Improve UX and Sales
- How to Create a Profitable Online Store
These posts will help you improve your sales and add a user-friendly checkout page on your WooCommerce site. The last one provides step-by-step instructions for creating a successful online store.