Looking for the best WordPress page builder? Want to build a website without hiring a developer?
A drag and drop page builder makes it easy for you to create and customize beautiful websites all on your own.
In this article, we’ll compare the most popular drag and drop WordPress page builders, so you can choose the best one for your needs and start creating your site.
Note: Instead of a WordPress page builder, if you’re looking for a complete CMS/ website builder platform, then check out our collection of best website builders.
Using a WordPress Page Builder: 4 Factors to Consider
It’s easy to find a WordPress theme that suits your brand but in most cases, the customization options are limited. Unless you’re a developer, it’s hard to make big changes.
This is where a WordPress page builder comes in. Drag and drop WordPress page builder plugin lets you create custom layouts for your website the way you want. Basically: if you can imagine it, you can now create it (even if you’re not tech savvy!).
Let’s take a look at what you should keep in your mind when comparing the best WordPress page builders, so you can choose the right one for your needs.
- Compatibility – Make sure the builder you want to use is compatible with your theme and the plugins you use. If you find any compatibility issues, then you might want to use a builder-compatible theme for your site.
- Page Builder Features – Not all builders come with the same features. Some builders have a lot of built-in layouts while others offer dozens of animation effects. It’s up to you to decide what you need for your site.
- Responsiveness – With responsive, mobile-friendly, layouts out of the box, your designs will look good on all devices. So you won’t have to spend hours realigning designs to suit mobile devices.
- SEO – Built-in SEO measures and layouts will help optimzie your page to rank on search engines.
Now, let’s take a look at the best drag and drop page builder plugins for WordPress.
Top WordPress Page Builders
- SeedProd: The easiest WordPress page builder
- Beaver Builder: Freemium drag & drop builder
- Divi Builder: Complete website builder with 100+ demos
- Elementor: WordPress theme builder with tons of integrations
- Themify Builder: Best frontend edit mode
- Thrive Architect: Yet another landing page builder for WordPress
- SiteOrigin: Best free WordPress website builder
- WP Bakery Page Builder: Most popular WordPress site builder
1. SeedProd: The Easiest WordPress Page Builder
With over a million active installs, SeedProd is one of the most popular page builder plugins for WordPress. With SeedProd, building a landing page on your WordPress site is a breeze thanks to its easy-to-use drag and drop builder. The plugin also lets you choose from 100+ responsive landing page templates, including sales, optin, coming soon, webinar, and more.
Added to that, SeedProd ahas custom page layouts, sections, and blocks that you can add to your template to build a 100% unique page.
With SeedProd, you can seamlessly integrate your landing page with your favorite email marketing services, like Constant Contact, Mailchimp, ConvertKit, and more.
SeedProd settings allow you to add your own headers, footers, and scripts so it’s a great choice for developers as well. Added to that, it seamlessly integrates with All in One SEO to optimize your pages before you publish them.
Here are some of the key features that make SeedProd stay ahead of the competition:
- Landing page blocks: You’ll get all the essential blocks and content elements for landing pages that let you skyrocket your conversions
- Bloat free code:Unlike most other builders, SeedProd is bloat free and as minimal as possible
- Revision history: You can always go back to any previously saved point and even see who made the changes
- Mobile device preview: Before publishing the page, you can review how your page looks on mobile devices as well
- Built-in coming soon and maintenance mode: Activate coming soon and maintenance mode at the click of a button and display dedicated pages
Pricing: A free version of the plugin is available to download from the WordPress repository. Premium pricing starts at $39.50.
2. Beaver Builder: Drag and Drop Builder
Beaver Builder is one of the best drag and drop page builders for WordPress. It gives you the ability to create a WordPress site the way you want without knowing any coding skills. You can drag and drop to build beautiful pages with ease.
Beaver Builder comes with dozens of gorgeous page templates, so you can easily kickstart your design without starting from scratch. You can choose a template, replace the images and text with your own, and then hit publish.
Beaver Builder works with most of the WordPress themes giving you full control over your content. The best thing is, even if you stop using the plugin, your content gets ported to the WordPress editor, which also known as WYSIWYG editor. With the pro plan and above, you’ll get beautiful Beaver Builder compatible themes that allow you to modify your styles with the native WordPress Customizer.
Pricing: Starts at $99 for unlimited sites. Check out our Beaver Builder deals!
3. The Divi Builder: Complete Website Builder With 100+ Demos
The Divi Builder is a powerful WordPress page builder that lets you build any type of design on your website with drag and drop. The Divi Builder is made by Elegant Themes, a renowned WordPress themes, and plugins company.
The Divi builder works on almost any WordPress website. It gives you endless possibilities to create the most advanced layouts without having to touch a single line of code.
The plugin is bundled with 46 builder modules, 20 row types, and 3 section types, all of which can be combined and arranged to create just about any type of website. With its advanced design settings, you can customize every element to a great extent.
Also, check out these Divi child themes.
That being said, if you want to make real-time changes on the design, then you might want to use the Divi theme. With the theme, you can build your page with the frontend editor, so your pages can be updated right from the frontend without having to switch back and forth from your dashboard to your WordPress site.
Pricing: The Divi page builder starts at $89 (includes 100+ website packs).
4. Elementor: WordPress Theme Builder With Tons of Integrations
Elementor is the first free and open source advanced page builder for WordPress. With its quick drag and drop builder, you can make instant page edits from the frontend of your site. Elementor is well-known for its high speed performance, which makes it fun and easy to build with.
With its extensive template library, you get hundreds of beautiful WordPress templates from their top-notch designers, which can be exported to different websites through the page builder.
Elementor supports the responsive mobile-friendly design, allowing you to build web pages that work great on any device.
Some other cool features of Elementor are:
- Canvas: You can build a brand new landing page without header or footer, optimized for high conversions.
- Maintenance mode: For maintenance, you can get your site offline with its built-in maintenance mode.
- Zapier integration: Integrating your website with a third-party web application is a breeze using its Zapier integration.
Pricing: There’s a free version available. Elementor Pro starts at $49 for a single site license.
5. Themify Builder: Best Frontend Edit Mode
The Themify Builder comes with a drag and drop interface that helps you create any layout you can imagine with ease. The builder comes with over 60 prebuilt layouts and animation effects that you can choose from. This means you can quickly build beautiful pages without having to start from scratch. All you have to do is simply import the layouts you want to use, replace the images and text, and you’re done.
The builder comes as a standard feature for all Themify themes. You can also use their builder plugin with any third-party WordPress theme.
Also check: Top WordPress Plugins
From the compact backend interface, you can use the drag and drop feature to build modules quickly and easily. In the frontend, you can preview the design and make live edits to your modules.
To enhance the capabilities of the Themify Builder, you can find tons of different addons which can be purchased separately or as a bundle.
Pricing: The core page builder plugin is free. $39 for the addon bundle.
6. Thrive Architect: Yet Another Landing Page Builder for WordPress
Thrive Architect is a page builder that’s built for conversion-focused websites. Thrive Architect is developed by the same folks behind Thrive Themes, a company that sells conversion oriented WordPress themes and plugins.
Thrive Architect is shipped with a drag and drop editing tool and 271 prebuilt landing page templates. With Thrive Architect, you can quickly create a stunning homepage, sales page, blog posts, and everything you could ask for.
Pricing: You can access Thrive Architect when you purchase Thrive Suite that starts at $19 per month.
7. SiteOrigin: Best Free WordPress Page Builder
SiteOrigin is one of the most popular WordPress page builder plugins in the WordPress repository, with over a million active installs. With SiteOrigin, building responsive, column-based content is a breeze. Your content will adapt to all devices, regardless of screen resolution.
The SiteOrigin builder works seamlessly with your existing WordPress widgets, so you can add your favorite widgets to the websites you build. The builder works perfectly with any WordPress theme. The best part about SiteOrigin is that you can find a lot of neat compatible WordPress themes built by the same folks behind the SiteOrigin plugin.
Flexibility is one of the main benefits of the plugin. Using its advanced row builder, you can choose the exact number of rows for each column you add.
Pricing: SiteOrigin is a free WordPress page builder plugin. Premium addons start at $29 for a single site.
The WPBakery Page Builder for WordPress, formerly known as Visual Composer, is one of the most popular drag and drop page builders in the CodeCanyon marketplace, a leading hub of premium WordPress plugins.
If you need a premium WordPress page builder that offers lifetime updates, look no further than WPBakery Page Builder. It comes with both frontend and backend editors, making content editing quick and easy.
The WPBakery Page Builder works seamlessly with popular WordPress plugins, including
Yoast SEO and WooCommerce. It is also compatible with powerful translation plugins such as Polylang and WPML, so you can easily build multilingual websites powered by the builder.
Pricing: This WordPress page builder costs $46 for a single site license.
Which is the Best Page Builder for WordPress?
If you want an easy-to-use WordPress page builder that lets you boost your conversions instantly, then SeedProd is the best bet. It comes with a drag and drop builder that lets you edit your page in real-time as you would see it live on your site. Plus, with 100+ pre-built templates, you can quickly build a landing page the way you want.
Added to that, SeedProd is packed with features to grow your email list, sell products, accept payments, and much more. You can use this WordPress page builder for a wide range of purposes so it’s definitely a worthwhile investment.
If you’re after a complete website builder that comes with hundreds of pre-built WordPress themes, then you might want to check out Divi.
Also, you can check out our comparison post for Beaver Builder vs Elementor to find out which page builder is the best choice for your site.
We hope this article helped you find the best WordPress page builder for your needs.
If you enjoyed this article, you might also love our posts on:
- How to Build a Sales Page in WordPress (Step by Step)
- How to Create a Landing Page in WordPress (2 Methods)
- How to make a WordPress website from the ground up.
In these posts, we’ve detailed the steps to create stunning pages and we even show you how to create an entire website.